With over 100 offices and nearly 6,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
• 2021 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• 2021 Best and Brightest Companies in Wellness
• 2022 Great Place to Work Certification
• Top 101 2022 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
• 2022 Top Workplaces USA CBIZ & MHM New England are proud to be a successful alternative to the Big 4 accounting firms in providing audit, tax, and/or advisory services to some of the leading U.S. private equity and venture capital firms, as well many of the portfolio companies these funds invest in. Our success is evidenced by our award winning work environment centered on work arrangements that provide flexibility and opportunities for customized and accelerated career paths, entrepreneurial mindset of success for both our people and our clients, and alignment of shared financial rewards. We are seeking a candidate with Big 4 (or equivalent) public accounting audit experience to join and help lead our rapidly growing New England Portfolio Company attest practice. This expanding practice requires a candidate to demonstrate in-depth technical audit and accounting expertise (including complex debt/equity, revenue, consolidation, business combinations) combined with a strong passion for relationship development, all while providing unmatched client service. The role is at the director level, with a clear track to managing director (“partner”). Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Results oriented mindset focused on meeting all client timelines
• Desire to build a team focused on audits of private equity and venture capital portfolio companies.
• Readiness to travel with audit teams as needed based on geographic locations of portfolio companies
• Develop and maintain strong client/investment company owner relationships
• Ability to collaborate with other service lines, including with our tax private equity co-sourcing group, advisory and investment company assurance practices, to develop a go to market strategy targeting portfolio company audits.
• Must be well versed in understanding private equity and venture capital investment life cycle, including the potential public and private exits of such fund investments.
• Leverage existing investment company relationships of audit, tax and advisory groups.
• Supported by local assurance resources and national subject matter experts. Minimum Qualifications Required
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
• 8 years experience in public accounting or related field
• 6 years supervisory experience
• Must have CPA or equivalent certification
• Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
• Proficient use of applicable technology
• Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels or organization, both internally and externally
• Proven high level of business integrity, client service and leadership skills The annual salary target for this job in this market is $145,000-$295,000. The specific compensation for this role will be determined based on the education, experience, and skill set of the individual selected for this position. The compensation above is not representative of an employee’s total compensation. Beyond income, you have access to comprehensive medical and dental insurance, retirement savings, life and disability insurance, health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts, certification incentives, education assistance, referral program and much more.REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION If you are a qualified individual with a disabilityyou may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling (Phone number shown when applying) (toll free)or send an email to (Email available when viewing the job). EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER CBIZ is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages (Link available when viewing the job)and (Link available when viewing the job). (Link available when viewing the job)
- Address Boston, MA
- Salary Offer 250.000 +