POSITION: Program Director, Full-Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
COMPENSATION: $77,000 to $87,000 depending on skills and experiences
Reporting to and collaborating with the Executive Director, the Program Director will oversee program designs, implementations, evaluations of programs and curriculum, and support the overall strategic and operational plan for ICAN. The Program Director oversees the successful implementation of our programs, including: Early Childhood Learning (0-5 years); Families and Communities; and Community based Research by managing the Program staff. The Program Director will build and manage strategic relationships at the city, county, and state levels with clients, partners, and funders.
ICAN was founded in 2000 by three refugees of the Vietnam War with the mission to lend a helping hand to the families, friends, neighbors and fellow countrymen whom they left behind. While still maintaining our commitment to our charitable projects in Vietnam, ICAN has evolved throughout the years into an organization that supports and strengthens the local Vietnamese community in the Bay Area. Our US-based programs include positive parenting workshops, baby care classes, and kindergarten readiness programs. We also have community support programs such as: Women’ support group, Homelessness Prevention Program, Digital Literacy, to name a few. Learn more about us at www.ican2.org
The mission of ICAN is to inform, engage, and inspire Vietnamese Americans to help raise the next generation of caring leaders through humanitarian programs, culturally responsive social programs, and community–based research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide direct oversight in the hiring, training, and supervision of program staff, primarily through direct supervision of Program Manager, Program Coordinators, and Program Specialists.
Embody leadership, including driving a unified vision for the Program Department and serving as the spokesperson and primary advocate for the program in the broader community.
Develop, oversee, and evaluate programming within each assigned program/site(s).
Promote collaboration, cross-training, and dual programming among teams within assigned programs/site(s) and throughout the agency.
Foster professional development for employees at all levels of the program.
Actively participate in agency leadership meetings, projects, and activities. As such, ensuring that information is shared across assigned programs and needs/concerns of assigned programs are communicated to appropriate agency staff.
Facilitate access to services, through the development of staff capacity to understand and demonstrate principles of welcoming, client-centered, culturally competent care that is responsive to the needs of homeless, disconnected, and marginalized youth.
In coordination with the Executive Director and Program Manager, oversee budgets, contract requirements, and program outcomes for programs.
Ensure appropriate data collection and tracking; ensure adherence to internal agency policies and procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
● Bachelors required; MSW degree preferred
● 5-10 years of management experience
· Bilingual in English and Vietnamese. Required proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in both languages.
● Attention to detail and accuracy, along with an understanding of data management best practice
● Ability to maintain discretion with respect to confidential information
● Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment
● Superior project, time, and organizational management skills required
● Possess exceptional judgment and Integrity
● Organized, creative, and detail-oriented
● Able to represent the organization in a professional manner
● Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
● Flexibility in schedule, ability to attend events after work hours or on weekend
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and the Google Suite required
● Most importantly a passion for International Children Assistance’s mission
· US Citizenship or Green Card
· Clearance of fingerprint background check
· Must have valid TB screening
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· Salary commensurate with experience.
· 100% employer-funded comprehensive medical and dental coverage.
· 10 days paid annual vacation and 12 paid holidays.
· Significant opportunities for professional development and growth.
If you have questions, send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510 468 6288.
Please submit application package to: email@example.com.
· Cover Letter
· 3 References (name, contact number, email)
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. In order to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
ICAN is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
- Address Milpitas, CA
- Salary Offer 250.000 +